Viking Helmet Workshop
November 18 & 19, 2017
9am to 6pm
$250 (+tax) tools & materials included
class size of 4 or 5
Build a Viking Age spangenhelm or four-plate helmet over the course of a weekend. The skills required to attend are minimal – familiarity with a drill and hammer should suffice. Under the instruction of armourer Jeffrey Hildebrandt, you will dish, planish, rivet and finish a helmet to your own taste and measurements.
Drinks and lunch will be provided.
How to register
- Decide what type of helmet you want to build. If you are new to making armour, the conical spangenhelm (below) is your best bet.
- Measure your head circumference around the brow, taking in the tops of your ears.
- Contact Jeffrey (email@example.com) with the above information, and wait for confirmation that registration is still open.
- Pay the course fee to the above address, via PayPal or Interac Money Transfer.
- You will receive an email with directions to the shop, and suggestions for personal safety equipment to bring.
- If you need to cancel your registration for a full refund, please do so at least a week before the workshop.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.